Re-grading email

Jump to solution
MelissaBedwell
Community Member

When I regrade a quiz, the students get an email. I don't want them to get the email as they literally jump me before I've even had a chance to get to theirs begging for changes. Obviously they have no patience.

The old post 2019 post says to Hide or Mute the quiz/test. You cannot hide or mute a CANVAS quiz that has submissions. It says "Can't unpublish XXXX if they are student submissions."

What is the option in 2022? I want to turn off the emails not hide the quiz but I'll take either option at this point.

This is a new question and not related to another post from 2019 as the solution is not possible with this version of Canvas. I posted the old post from 2019 below for your reference.

Community Participant

Can the regrade email notification be turned off by admins?

An email gets sent out, "A regrade has finished for the quiz ......."

Our instructors don't necessarily want the students to know that they are "regrading".

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@MelissaBedwell -

You should be able to handle this by changing the grading policy to manual for the assignment/quiz.  Once manual mode is selected, hide all of the posted grades.  When the grading is finished, post the hidden grades, and optionally you can reset the grading policy back to automatic (I do this in case I have to come back and change a grade or two - I don't want to have to worry about posting the grades).

The instructor manual page regarding grading policy for assignments 

I hope this solves your issue.

Ron

View solution in original post

0 Likes