Recording an instructor video in Canvas messages

Jump to solution
tmaryon1
Community Member

How do I send a video message to all course users in the Inbox as an instructor.  The online instructions do not elaborate on step 4.  I want to be able to click on a message record a video, edit if possible and send to all students.  I can record, save, and upload within the message but I can not find the edit function.

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-send-a-message-to-all-course-users-in-t...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
mswope
Community Contributor

Hi there -

This video will show you how to include a video as part of an Inbox message to one or more students.  However, using this functionality, you do not have the ability to edit the video if you are recording it live. If you would like to use another video editing tool to edit a previously recorded video (including Canvas Studio, Screencastify, Loom, etc.), you could use the UPLOAD MEDIA tab of the video popup box demonstrated in the video to upload this edited media.

-Megan

This response was created by one of Instructure’s PandaPros. All Canvas and Mastery Connect users are encouraged to schedule a free 1:1 coaching session between July 18 and September 18, 2022. Learn more by reading our blog!

View solution in original post