Reply to Announcement from Email

Jump to solution
LORICHIMENTO
Community Member

When I send an announcement, it tells recipients that they can reply directly. However, when they do, they get the error message stating that the email must be a confirmed communication channel in the profile. I can't find the directions to do so. Any advice? I'd like recipients to reply from the email announcement. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @LORICHIMENTO 

If the other students or recipients are unable to reply to the announcement directly from the email and not going back to the actual course - they will need to confirm their email first. After they do this, they should be able to reply directly from these notification emails. Feel free to give them these steps: 

1. Click Account (Your Profile Picture) in the left-hand global Canvas navigation.
  2. In the Account menu, select Settings.
  3. Review your email address details.
    • If there is a star symbol next to your email address, your email address is confirmed.
      • Done.
    • If there is an exclamation point symbol next to your email address, your email address needs to be confirmed.
  4. Click on your email address to resend the confirmation message to your email account.
    • Allow a few minutes for the email to arrive.
  5. Log on to your email account.
    • Open the verification email from Canvas Notifications.
    • Click the link Click here to confirm this registration to complete the confirmation process.
    • Done.

View solution in original post

0 Likes