Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Jeg forsøker å legge til en GFORM-fil i en ny modul,  men får følgende feilmelding: "Kan ikke overføre fil til lagringsenhet. Denne tjenesten kan være nede eller du må kanskje logge på Canvas på nytt". Forslag?   I'm trying to add a GFORM file to a n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Images do not appear in the quiz. They did initially but not now.  Some students had the same issue. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I created a listening test on my school's Canvas platform. I uploaded the audio tracks as WEBM files. They play fine, BUT when I tried to import the test with the question bank and the audio files folders, I get an error when I try to run the test. I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Assignment disappearedsomeone please help I submitted an assignment for the course And forgot to attach a document. Professor emailed me and asked to resubmit and  I did. I was in a hurry, left the house after I sent that over ..  now she just gave m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to create "teams" (groups) of 5 people, with three teams in one "pod."  This would allow teams a separate place to exchange ideas, while maintaining the integrity of each team.  A metaphor might be separate teams and offices that can mee...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The discussion option on the left side on blue doesn't pop up for me. But the assignment requires me to do so.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have removed some modules from the Blueprint master.In some time trainers have noticed that the some modules disappeared from the associated courses with all assessments, quizzes and grades. 1. Why it happened? Blueprint can sync automatically?2. H...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After PowerSchool roll over, new students are not syncing to Canvas.  Students are active and enrolled in the summer school class.  Cannot get access. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi!My supervisor and I have both tried to increase the limits for imported Moodle files in order to migrate a 1.35GB class to Canvas, but it's been to no avail. Can it be done? My supervisor is also the Canvas administrator of my institution, and I'm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please help! I have no way to log on to canvas at the moment.  I have not changed my password, and I was just using the classroom the other day.  Now I get a message that the password is not correct.  And I have tried two separate times for the passw...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I'm trying to SIS import courses to Canvas with a CSV file (see attachment). I know they are successfully imported because when I go to Admin > Username > Courses, I see a list of imported courses but they are not appearing on the dashboard n...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I ran the Validate Links in Content in my Canvas class.  Usually, when a link shows up if I click it it does not exist.  The links that show up are to a video in Screencast-o-matic and exist.  I tried to view the video links in Student View and they ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I seem to be having an issue when attempting to create an assignment using the external tool for Google Assignments. I am able to input all assignment details, but when I attempt to save my assignment, I get the following message "couldn't find valid...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to create "teams" (groups) of 5 people, with three teams in one "pod."  This would allow teams a separate place to exchange ideas, while maintaining the integrity of each team.  A metaphor might be separate teams and offices that can mee...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

CAN WE USE A BROWSER (IE. MOZILLA)  AND RESUME ON A DIFFERENT BROWSER (I.E. CHROME)?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I recently added Microsoft 365 and Canva as apps on my canvas shell. Now that I go to the bug blue button for collaborations nothing happens. I have tried to refresh the course, use different browsers, log in and log out and the same thing kee...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to set a late submission penalty for quizzes separately than assignments? For online quizzes, I allow students to makeup missed quizzes, but they're subject to a points deduction. I can set a due date, and then make the available until...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-05-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why was the interface to sending e-mails via the grade book changed to make it more difficult to send e-mail?  The new interface is ambiguous.  One cannot tell who messages are being sent to (the number of recipients does not update).  Also, even if ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had to enlarge the discussion box in order to insert pictures, and when I hit the "Back" button to return to the smaller screen with the "Reply" button, I lost everything. How do you return to the smaller discussion box after enlarging the text are...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been leaving voice-mails, trying the main number to reach someone, trying the accounts receivable department, sending emails, and responding to invoices sent to us, but no one at Instructure has contacted me back. I'm trying to confirm that our ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a course with multiple TA's and multiple students. My TA's are getting every notification when a student or another TA accepts the course invitation along with other course activities. Is there a way I can turn off notifications for all my TA'...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello - I am trying to add a new member to my course but the option to add a member under People is not highlighted where I can click on it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Course is published and a few other people were able to be added previously...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally scheduled my class for the July, 2022 Webex session on the wrong day. I cannot not find where to delete the session as I have already put in the class on the correct day.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to resubmit an assignment with permission from my professor, but the assignment's settings only allows one attempt, so I can not resubmit it through the platform, as she requested I do. Help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I edit an existing page in canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All that is there is the introduction. The course was there. But now it says it isn't available. The course starts at 5:30. Can someone help me?Larry Piazza

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HelloIs there a way to create a Canvas course that anyone can access regardless of registration?  In our school, we have created a separate virtual section of a course for students who get COVID. Students will technically be enrolled in another secti...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a folder that contains all content needed to create a self-standing Web page. The folder contains four files. The index.html is the main file. The two .js files are javascript for functions on the Web page. The remaining file is the style shee...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi I can not access my cavas I need help for that

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every morning, we extract an Excel file to track scores for a variety of in-Canvas quizzes and assignments for a large and variable group of students.  The gradebook extract gives us all the scores we need, but is there a way to also extract the date...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies