Request all grades to be percentages?

Jump to solution
judy_harmon
Community Contributor

There seem to have been a number of discussions about posting grades as points and percentages.  An individual assignment can be changed from one to another, but is there a way to request all grades be percentages?

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @judy_harmon  - I am not aware of one. There are a few work-arounds that you have likely already thought of, such as duplicating existing assignments, which will retain all settings, but there is not one universal, course-wide setting. One thing that may work is the ability to use the New Gradebook's ability to Enter grade as... which allows an instructor to input the grade a certain way, though from the student's view that will just be converted back to whatever the assignment was originally set for.  Still, it's useful as a grading tool.

I could have sworn there was a Feature Idea similar to what you are looking for, but I could have sworn a lot of things at my age and all I'd be accused of is vulgarity. One that may be of interest to you that is somewhat in the ballpark is https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4906-allow-display-as-options-for-final-grade-and-assignment-g... though that is more for entire assignment groups.  Still may be worth a vote up.  

View solution in original post