Retrieving user name function

Jump to solution
SteveDwinnells
Community Member

I am creating a faculty training course. Upon their successful completion, I want to give them a certificate but I'd like for their name to be on it.  Is there some way to grab the user's name and insert it on the certificate?  Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @SteveDwinnells ...

I am not sure if you are a Canvas administrator or an instructor at your school.  That being said, I am not sure if your school has paid for this third-party application to integrate with Canvas or not, but I believe that Accredible would be a possible solution for you.

Accredible Certificates & Badges

If you are not a Canvas administrator, you might want to have a conversation with the person who is at your school to see if your school has anything like this available.  The above link is probably more for your Canvas administrator, but here's a link to Accredible's website:

Digital badge and certificate platform | Accredible

In my former role as a Canvas administrator in higher education, I had a little experience helping set up Accredible in our Canvas environment as well as setting up a digital certificate.  If I recall correctly, once a student finished the training course that these certificates were in, it would display their name on it...just like you are asking about.  Unfortunately, I no longer have access to this, so I wouldn't be able to answer specifics...but I wanted to throw this out there as a possible solution for you.

I hope this will be helpful to you!  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes