cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmallen
Community Participant

Return to a page after taking a New Quiz?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is it possible to direct where the New Quiz "Return" button takes students? I'd like to include a New Quiz sequentially between pages in a module and have my students navigate to the next page upon completion of the quiz. When I was in Student View, my experience as the Test Student jumped me back to Modules after taking the New Quiz.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Module navigation was updated to include New Quizzes in the July 2021 release: please refer to the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-07-17).  Students who are taking a New Quiz that is part of a module progression will now see a Next button at the bottom of the quiz. If your students are still reporting that they're unable to progress to the next module item by clicking on the Next button, please ask Canvas Support to investigate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Kristin!

I knew we had had a similar question before, and it's in our User Group: New Quizzes‌. Check out this thread and see if it helps you out: https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/23079-will-navigation-get-better-between-canvas-and-quizzes-n... 

Thanks,

Erin

Hi @erinhmcmillan,

The thread, from 2018, that you refer to includes no real solution, just people frustrated, for the last three years, that no solution has been found by the folks at Canvas.

In short, is there a way to include a New Quiz in the middle of the module and have the students be able to navigate to the next page in the module when they've completed the quiz, rather than just the useless "Return" button at the top of the page that takes them completely away from the module they're supposed to be working through?

Module navigation was updated to include New Quizzes in the July 2021 release: please refer to the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-07-17).  Students who are taking a New Quiz that is part of a module progression will now see a Next button at the bottom of the quiz. If your students are still reporting that they're unable to progress to the next module item by clicking on the Next button, please ask Canvas Support to investigate.

View solution in original post