Rise Lecture Resume Behavior

Jump to solution
MelindaRinger
Community Member

Hello All, 

My team and I are currently having an issue with the resume behavior of our Rise lectures when we import the SCORM package into Canvas.  We post Rise 360 lectures as pages with SCORM 1.2.  The LMS seems to be tracking student progress within the lecture well, but if a student leaves the page and comes back, they do not resume right where they left off.  Upon reentry, they are taken back to the top of the most recent lesson. 

I have tried several setting on the Rise 360 side to SCORM file type and settings, but the Articulate community boards lead me to believe this is an issue with how the LMS tracks the file/page.  

How can I adjust the file or our settings so that students do not have to hunt for or try to remember the last thing they read?  Thank you for the help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello @MelindaRinger 

Thank you for contacting the Instructure Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with students returning to their Rise 360 lectures. I don't honestly know if that is a setting that can be changed or turned on - the students may have to just scroll back to where they left off. However, you can certainly contact Canvas support to get clarification and assistance.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post