Rubric Central Location

Jump to solution
jwitulski
Community Participant

I have four separate courses for a year and some of the rubrics are reused within all courses. Is there a way to create a central rubric depository that I can access without having to wonder where the rubric is in several courses?  Kind of like the File system, but a centralized one that I can use for all courses that I have access to at school. 

The only workaround I can think of is to create a separate course (unpublished) and create assignments to be able to develop rubrics and leave it in there to access when I need for any level courses. Is this doable? multiple rubrics rubric_making  #rubric_settings

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jwitulski ...

Rubrics can be created at the account level (so they would live outside of a Canvas course).  But, be aware that if a rubric is created at the account level, this means that all other instructors at your school potentially could use that rubric in their own course without you really knowing it.  You might want to reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator to see if this would be an option for you...otherwise, your solution that you proposed might work just as well.  Here are some admin Guides on rubrics:

I hope this information will be of help to you, Joanna.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this information...thanks!

View solution in original post