KatieMcCloy

Rubric question

Jump to solution

Hello.  I was looking at a guide for using rubrics (it's been a while since I used one and I don't think I have ever linked one directly to the assignment).  There is an article here on building rubrics that shows a bunch of options at the bottom (use this rubric to grade, or I'll make comments manually, etc).  I do not see those options when I try to edit the (as yet unused) rubric.  Is that an older version of canvas?  When I go to grade the assignment under "test student" (there are no actual students in the course yet) it brings up the rubric in speed-grader and allows me to free-text comments for each section.  This is exactly what I want to do, but I am wondering where that options page went...?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Here is the Canvas guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-add-a-rubric-to-an-assignment/ta-p/1058

Just click "use this rubric for grading" when you create/edit it. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ron_Bowman
Community Coach
Community Coach

@KatieMcCloy -

You have the instructor manual page as shown in your screenshot.

you have to be on the assignment the rubric is assigned to inorder to see that page.

On the assignment, click on add rubric.  Then you will see the rubric criteria that you can create or the find rubric option.  At the bottom of the rubric information will be the options you are looking for.

Ron

greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Here is the Canvas guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-add-a-rubric-to-an-assignment/ta-p/1058

Just click "use this rubric for grading" when you create/edit it. 

0 Kudos
StaceyDuke

How do we utilize one outcome more than once in a rubric? This is for analytical grading not just holistic. Any help would be amazing!! 

I also have this question. I use analytic rubrics and Canvas's recent change to only permit the holistic use of outcomes is very disconcerting. For example, the final project in the assessment class addresses multiple assessment skills but Canvas only lets me utilize the national assessment outcome once in that rubric. I need to track and report candidate mastery of multiple, discrete skills within the assignment and not just report an overall "average" score.
0 Kudos