Scheduled Updates to Pages

Jump to solution
isiess
Community Member

I'm wondering if it's possible to schedule an update to a page. I want to be able to upload class notes and resources ahead of time, but not publish them just yet. The page in question is already published, but I'm working far ahead of where my students are and I don't want them to be worried about what's happening a few weeks from now.

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @isiess -

It is not currently possible to do this with Canvas Pages. If you liked to a locked/unpublished Google Doc (or another cloud-hosted service) or unpublished File, you could accomplish this in some ways. I know it wouldn't be automated, but it would possibly simplify the process you go through to share notes.

This idea would help with the auto-publish of files: Delay Publishing of Assignments and Files

To auto-publish a Page (or an update), that would need a new Idea request. I hope you consider sharing your use case with the Community!

How do idea conversations work in the Instructure Community? 

How do I create a new idea conversation in the Instructure Community?  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nwilson7
Community Champion

@isiess and @KristinL You can basically delay the publishing of file now in modules.  Add a file to a module and then when click on the publish icon.  The bottom option of this menu is to schedule availability.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 1.46.01 PM.png

The item will still show in the module but it is locked until the date/time set in the "from" field. 

So, instead of doing pages, you could do links to Google docs (or some sort of shared class note file as this trick will work for links too) or have PDFs/Word docs of the notes and add them to a module.  The entire module could just be all the class notes setup with the from times.  Currently this only works for files or links added to modules but maybe that gets you closer to your goal.

-Nick

View solution in original post

0 Likes