Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silversn

Sections Not Showing in Gradebook

Description of the Bug:

• I have multiple sections in the grade book. Specifically, I have a section called Level 9 and Level 4. When show "all sections" is selected only the level 9 sections will show. When I select show "Level 4" nothing pulls up at all and only the test student will shows. I have the sections correctly created and assigned to each student. This is a recent issue because it worked for a while but now it will not. 

Steps to Reproduce:

1. I have tried Chrome, Edge and Safari... the same issue continues across all
  2. I have tried different computers... Personal and School... Same issue continues to occur.
Tags (1)
7 Replies
erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, can you try this out in the beta environment and see if you are still able to reproduce the same behavior? The Gradebook team has some new functionality available in the beta environment (to be in production November 18), and they've also been working on fixing performance issues.

If you're still able to reproduce in the beta environment, we'll need some additional information from you to help triage what you're seeing by submitting a support case.

Thanks!

Erin

lprice11

I'm having the same issue. Two of my three sections will not load, though they were yesterday!

clong
Community Champion

I just got off the phone with one of our instructors and the new gradebook is not showing his period 3 section is now gone and only the Test Student shows for that section. As an admin I can see his period 3 students but he can not and when I did an "act as user" to masquerade as the teacher I was also unable to see section 3 students in the gradebook.

Here is the link to the course https://hbuhsd.instructure.com/courses/32814/settings 

I've disabled the new gradebook and then it does show section 3... feel free to enable it if needed to test this bug.

Hi, Chris,

I'm sorry you're still experiencing this behavior. Unfortunately I'll need you to submit a case to Canvas support. Sounds like it may be a small issue related to permissions, but Canvas support can triage for sure and let our engineers know.

Thanks!

Erin

clong
Community Champion

Done, Case # 02628583

sherylannelugtu

Hello! I have a problem. One of my sections does not show on my end. What will I do?

@sherylannelugtu -

Are you referring to the gradebook view?  If so, you need to make sure that you are viewing all sections and not just one.

One thing to look at is the filters area of the view drop down as shown in the gradebook guide