Send a message to students without those who have an exemption

Jump to solution
atsond12
Community Member

Hi, does anyone know how to filter out students who are exempt from an assignment, when sending out messages?

My goal is to reach all students who have not delivered yet, without sending a message to those who are exempt from delivering.

0 Likes
1 Solution

@WatsonWork 

I think what @atsond12 meant to say was excused and not exempt.  In that case for an assignment where a student is excused, they still show up in the list of students to receive the message from "message students who..."

@atsond12 what you will have to do is use the "message students who..."  and then view all the students and remove all the ones that are excused from the assignment.

I checked in my playground and excused students are still used in the list of students to receive that message.  To me that sounds like a bug(or an oversight) on Instructures part in the coding.  It should be put in as feature request to bring it to their attention (I guess).   I do not know the best way to get the attention of someone to fix this issue other than a feature request

If a student is excused from an assignment, then they do not need to receive messages indicating they have not submitted the assignment or they have not scored high enough.

View solution in original post