Sharing in Canvas

Jump to solution
jmillner1
Community Explorer

What is the best way to share content in Canvas? The "Send To" feature is amazing but I find that when I try to edit content shared in this manner, the content is still connected to the original version. This causes editing issues for those the content was shared.  Should this be done in a shared sandbox or should this content be exported and imported to the courses of the other teachers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @jmillner1 

Thank you for contacting the Instructure Community. Send to is a good feature but there are other alternatives. One of the easier options is to simply add the teacher to your course in the people tab. This way, they can come and import content when they need to without your involvement. They can copy content using the "copy to" function or the import existing content option. Here is the Canvas guide:  How do I copy content from another Canvas course u... - Instructure Community  

Another alternative is to export the course in its entirety and send that to the instructor. They can import this to their real course or a sandbox. Here is the Canvas guide:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-export-a-Canvas-course/ta-p/785

Hopefully this helps!

View solution in original post