cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export quiz content from a course?

How do I export quiz content from a course?

If you need to export quiz content from your course, you can export quiz content as a QTI ZIP file.

Note: An exported quiz with questions linked to a question bank will not include an export of the question bank. The QTI file will only include questions from the question bank that have been added to the quiz. If you want to import the quiz into another course along with question banks, you may prefer to export your Canvas course and select quizzes and question banks in the course import.

Open Settings

Open Settings

In Course Navigation, click the Settings link.

Export Course Content

Export Course Content

In the sidebar, click the Export Course Content button.

Choose Export Type

Choose Export Type

Click the radio button for Quiz Export [1]. Choose the Quizzes you want to export [2]. Click the Create Export button [3].

Note: When you create an export, Canvas will create an export archive [4] where you can download prior export files.

View Quiz Export

View Quiz Export

When the export is complete, click the New Export link.

Note: Content exports expire after 30 days and can no longer be downloaded.

Comments

When I try this I don't get the list of quizzes like your instructions show.  I get the "all quizzes" box but it doesn't matter, if I uncheck it, I still don't get the option to select a specific quiz.

Hi @sbridge,

Thanks for your question! Including New Quizzes in course import/export is something that is currently under development.

Cody 

Can you export New Quizzes?

Hi @amanda_truman,

Yes, although the process for it looks slightly different. If you export the Canvas course, it will include New Quizzes.

If you later import content back to a different Canvas course, you can choose specific content you'd like to import (New Quizzes display in the Assignments section). Hope that helps. Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Naomi

After I download the ZIP, it's only 9KB in size. And I import it into item bank, nothing in it.

@shan_ZHONG,

Please contact Canvas Support so they can inspect your download and see what might be occuring here. 

Cody

These comments are posted to the global Canvas Community,

NOT your Canvas course.

• Have a question about using Canvas? Visit the Q&A page.
  • Have an idea to improve Canvas? Visit the Idea Conversations space.
  • Need to reply to a course discussion? Log in to your Canvas course and add your comment there (Tip: Visit your school's website to log in to Canvas).
Version history
Revision #:
8 of 8
Last update:
Wednesday
Updated by: