Showing a feedback message in New Quizzes

Jump to solution
ElizabethGiles1
Community Explorer

I currently use Canvas for creating Escape Rooms for High School students and also for the designing of Corporate training packages. I would like to be able to post a feedback message to students when they get their marks. This could be "The pass mark for this quiz is 100%. Please review your answers and attempt the quiz again." or "Read your feedback for each correct answer to find the secret code" or, "The questions on this quiz must be manually graded. You will be notified when your marker has regraded your submission."

Does Canvas New Quizzes currently have the ability to automatically post a message to students when they submit a quiz?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @ElizabethGiles1 ...

I'm not aware of any part of New Quizzes that would allow you to provide a general message for the entire quiz after it has been submitted. However, you can provide feedback for a specific question. That feedback would be shown after the quiz was submitted by the student. So, while it is not displayed as feedback for the quiz as a whole, it would show as feedback for a specific question. Once you click on the "Build" button for New Quizzes and then click on the "Settings" tab at the top of the quiz build screen, you would need to flip the toggle switch for "Restrict student result view", and then put a checkmark by "Show items and questions". Finally, place a checkmark by "Show item feedback".

Do you think this might be a possible work-around for what you're trying to accomplish? The Escape Rooms thing sounds really interesting, by the way!

View solution in original post

0 Likes