Simple Final Grade Post

Jump to solution
AllenWeiss
Community Member

I've never used Canvas before.  I am a faculty member who previously taught at a different school that used a different system.

I have three assignments—participation, midterm, and final exam—that show up in the Grades. Now, I would like to simply add a column where I can post their final grade (that I determined) in the Grades.  Then, I can make their final grade visible. I don't see any way to do this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@AllenWeiss ...

Any assignment columns that you see on your "Grades" page are created via your "Assignments" index page (by clicking on the "Assignments" menu on the left-hand side of your course navigation.  So, for example, on your "Assignments" page, you might see three assignments listed: Participation, Midterm, and Final Exam.  If you need to add more columns, you add those as new assignments on your "Assignments" page...giving them a point value.  Your "Grades" page already has a "Total" column at the far right-hand side of that page, so any new "Final Grade" assignment you post is going to possibly affect the "Total" column that you and your students would see...causing some confusion.  Here are a couple video tutorials on both "Assignments" and "Grades" in hopes that they will help you:

Sing out if you have other questions about setting up your assignments for your class.  Thanks, and good luck!

View solution in original post