Some options not available on rubric at sub-account level

Jump to solution
FayeB
Community Member

When I create a rubric at sub-account account level, I do not see the same settings that I see when creating a rubric on an individual site.

At sub-account level, I cannot set "I'll write free-form comments when assessing students" or "Remove points from rubric".

Is is possible to set these at sub-account level? If so, why can't I see these settings? I'm an admin.

I see that when teachers select the sub-account rubric to add it to an assignment, at that point they can edit/create a copy and set "I'll write free-form comments when assessing students" or "Remove points from rubric". But we'd prefer this to be save them having to do this/risk them forgetting this.

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @FayeB 

Thanks for posting this in the Canvas Community! 

I understand you have some questions about rubrics being used in your sub-accounts. 

The way I understand it is that you can set up a rubric on the sub-account level. When the instructors set up their assignment, they can then select the specific rubric you created to be used on the assignment they are using. The rubric settings will only be available once it is associated with the assignment, discussion, or quiz. This gives them the freedom/ability to decide if they want to write free-form comments when assessing students, Remove points from rubric, Use this rubric for assignment grading, and Hide score total for assessment results. 

When setting up the rubric on the account/sub account level, it will not give you these option. You will only be able to select these options once it is associated with an assignment, quiz, and discussion on the course level. 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton 

View solution in original post

0 Likes