Speed grader-- comment section disappeared

Jump to solution
caporrimor
Community Novice

In desperate need of assistance  and my university's tech support is "busy."  I was in the middle of reading a paper in speed grader and I must have clicked on something because the entire right section, where we write comments and enter a grade, is missing.  I've been unable to figure out how to get it back.  Help.  Thanks for any assistance.

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @caporrimor  Welcome to the Canvas Community! Yes, that can be distressing, and I'm pretty sure I know what happened; it has happened to me as well. Fortunately, if my guess is right, it's an easy fix.

In Speedgrader, you'll see a vertical bar with three dots. Normally it divides the web page so that the student's submission appears on the left in DocViewer, and the area for grades and comments is in a narrower panel on the right. Clicking on the three dots displays the left panel in full page width. I suspect you clicked on that bar in error. You should be able to see it at the far right of Speedgrader (it's now yellow), and when you click on the three dots again, the panel for grade entry and comments will reappear.

I hope that does the trick! Good luck wrapping things up!

View solution in original post