SpeedGrader word count for missing assignments

Jump to solution
joneson
Community Explorer

Why/how does Canvas SpeedGrader do a word count for student assignments that are missing? It includes a word count even though the student did not submit anything and I have not commented. In addition, the word count is different for different students who have not turned in an assignment. Two examples are included.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @joneson 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with word count in speedgrader. That is certainly abnormal behavior. As standard, you should always try clearing your cache and cookies  or trying another browser when things load intermittently and  incorrectly like this:

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

However, over the past  week or so, Canvas has seen an influx of issues  regarding  Word Count in the Speedgrader. You  should  contact them directly and open a case - they  can attach it to the upcoming fix.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post