Speedgrader: Entered 1 of 3 marks. Gone back and not saving mark and comment for other 2 parts of rubric

Jump to solution
NicoleKristy
Community Novice

I created a marking rubric for a task. I entered 1 of the 3 marks for the rubric. I have gone back in the finish my marking but it is not saving the comments or mark. How can I get it to save???? Very frustrated as this was supposed to save me time. It is now doubling the work as all comments were personalised to each student. Parents are seeing the wrong overall mark.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

Hi, Do you know if you selected "Use this rubric for assignment grading"?

The info below is from the Canvas Guide: How do I use a rubric to grade submissions in SpeedGrader?

Use Rubric for Grading

If you want to use the rubric to calculate a grade, be sure you have selected the Use this rubric for assignment grading checkbox when adding a rubric to an assignment. Make sure this checkbox is selected before you begin grading submissions.

If you do not select the rubric specifically for grading, you can still use the rubric to evaluate an assignment but the score will not update automatically.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
james_whalley
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @NicoleKristy,

When entering the mark and navigating away from that submission, are you clicking the Save button that is under the rubric?

Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 3.11.15 PM.png 

Best,

James

View solution in original post

0 Likes