Student Can't enroll in class

Jump to solution
Dayna-Smith100
Community Member

I have one student who can't enroll in my class. She clicks on the invite, keys in her email address, clicks "new user", types in her full name, and clicks the check box, but the "enroll in course button" isn't available. I have checked to make sure she is trying to enroll correctly, and she is, but can't enroll. Has anyone had this issue before? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
NoahBoswell
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Dayna-Smith100 ,
Thanks for posting on the Instructure Community!

I’m assuming you are using the free for teacher edition of Canvas, is that correct? If not, your school must pay for Canvas. If your school pays for Canvas, I’d highly recommend reaching out to your administrator for assistance with adding accounts.

If you are using the free for teacher edition, I recommend trying to sign up directly from the website and not from the email, sometimes things from emails can glitch and not work correctly. That’s just the nature of technology. Then, after the account is created, then invite her via email and she should see the invite on her dashboard. If you are using the K12 FFT edition of Canvas, then your student would need a join code. Your join code can be found in the settings of your Canvas Course. I would also make sure that the ‘Add a join this course’ button is also enabled.

IF that doesn’t work, I’d reach out to Canvas support directly as they would be able to help you further with this matter.

Hope that points you in the right direction, if you have any more questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

Noah

View solution in original post