Students attach files to "wiki" page??

Jump to solution
kpaynter
Community Member

Can students attach files to a Page that is editable by all class users (e.g. a faux wiki)? I have set up a page in my course that I am allowing Teachers and Students to both edit, and in teacher view, I can attach files to this page, but I have students telling me they cannot do so in student view. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @kpaynter , my quick testing shows that if the instructor has enabled access to the Files tab in the course navigation, students can add existing files from Course Files to the editable page by using the Content Selector at the right side of the screen. However, they are not able to upload or add their own files to the page. They can add images from their My Files space or upload them from their computers by using the Embed Image option on the Rich Content Editor ribbon.

Please have a look at the screenshot in the Edit Content section How do I edit a course page as a student? As the text goes on to explain, "Depending on your course setup, the Files tab may not display in the Content Selector." That is consistent with my testing; when I removed Files from the course navigation, the Files option disappeared from the Content Selector in the student's view.

View solution in original post

0 Likes