Students can't access a file because it is in a 'locked' folder. However, the file and the folder it is in are published.

Jump to solution
RalphBarnes
Community Member

The files (five simple pdf files) are viewable from the professor view, but not by student or through my student view. I first uploaded the files to a folder. Then I added the files to a module. The module is published, the files are published (both in the module and under files). The folder the files are in is also published. When I open the files and click information it also says that they are published. I tried unpublishing everything and then republishing everything. No luck. I tried deleting everything and re-uploading. No luck. I tried adding files by drag and drop and adding files through the upload button. No luck.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RalphBarnes
Community Member
Author

None of the relevant modules or folders have lock dates or restrictions. I did find a work-around, however. If I delete all the files, and then upload them directly to the module, the students can see them.

Then I deleted them again. Then I uploaded them to the file section and then added them to the module from the file area. That is the problem. The only way the students can see them is if I skip the file section and upload the files directly from my computer to the module.

Still, Canvas should let me upload a file from my machine to the file area of Canvas, then populate modules with those files.

View solution in original post

0 Likes