Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanAgresta

Students replying to announcements

Jump to solution

Even with comments disabled my students are able to reply to announcements.  This just recently started to occur.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Everyone - This was likely related to  Students can reply to Notifications and post to closed Announcements/Discussions. I hope that this update is helpful!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
nwilson7
Community Champion

@JonathanAgresta Are they replying from the email notification or are they actually seeing the word "reply" in the announcement page?  

I just tested it and on the announcement page, I could only reply to ones with comments turned on.  I tested both with and without the new Announcements/Discussion feature turned on.

-Nick

They are replying via email and those emails are posting as replies to the announcements.  It's a problem since they discuss their private grades.  Disabling comments used to prevent this. 

0 Kudos

I have recently experienced exactly the same issue as described by @JonathanAgresta. I always disable comments on Announcements, so I was very surprised to see that a student had posted a comment to one of my Announcements. It happened three or four days ago. I double-checked my Course Settings, and there were fine.  

0 Kudos
xanderknoll
0 Kudos
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @JonathanAgresta @xanderknoll @SusanNiemeyer @nwilson7  -- Have you seen any changes in this behavior during the last few days?

SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

I haven't had any problems with Announcements for a few weeks now. All seems to be working as it should.

0 Kudos

Hello,

It is still happening.  I had one post last Wednesday. 

0 Kudos
Paul7233

@JonathanAgresta wrote:

Even with comments disabled my students are able to reply to announcements.  This just recently started to occur.  NJMCDirect Ticket

I was very surprised to see that a student had posted a comment to one of my Announcements. It happened three or four days ago.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Everyone - This was likely related to  Students can reply to Notifications and post to closed Announcements/Discussions. I hope that this update is helpful!

0 Kudos