Submission notification problem

Jump to solution
WyattWidowski
Community Member

I went to notifications and made sure that it would notify on all submissions immediately. I went and submitted an assignment though, and it didn't send me an email. I then tried to do it with a new email and no luck. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@WyattWidowski …

On your “Account” >> “Notifications” screen, which row were you trying to set notifications for?  “All Submissions”?  “Submission Comment”?  If you hover your mouse over “All Submissions”, you’ll see an small information box show up that indicates this particular row is only for Instructors and Canvas Administrators.  It does not notify Students.  That particular notification is to let Instructors/Admins know that a student has submitted an assignment to them that needs grading.  The “Submission Comment” (and also the “Grading” row) would be geared towards students.  However, neither of them would give you an notification that you submitted a given assignment to your instructor.  These Guides might be of help, though:

And, if you are curious, here are the Guides for notification settings:

I hope this helps to clarify what those notification options are and who they are meant for.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questiosn about this information…thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes