Submit button not working while using the Respondus lockdown browser for Canvas Quizzes

Jump to solution
swold
Community Member

Hello-

Nobody every responds on here, so I am unsure why I am even asking. I am trying to use Canvas New Quizzes with the Respondus Lockdown Browser. My course will be shifting to a digital exam format for AP World History. 

I created a Multiple-choice quiz and had the students take the quiz. Two of my students were unable to click on submit. The button basically went dead/inactive when they tried to submit. Has anybody else experienced this issue? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @swold 

A "dead" or non-functioning button is usually an indication that there was a connection issue between the computer and Canvas that prevented the page from loading fully, or kicked the student out of the attempt.  

Since Canvas saves answers automatically--at least up until the point when the connection is lost--the best strategy is for the student to exit LockDown Browser, make sure that the connection is good and that any temporary connection issues are resolved, then return to the quiz and re-launch the browser to return to the attempt.

View solution in original post