Submitting an assignment to another subject submission box

Jump to solution
KarenLam1219
Community Member

I have mistakenly submitted an assignment to another subject’s assignment box. After I realised the problem, I resubmitted a correct version. Both of them require turnitin check and allow multiple submissions. Will the submission history affect the similarity for my assignment? THANK YOUUUU!

0 Likes
1 Solution
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

Yes, you are going to have a problem with this. Here is my experience: I wanted to demonstrate something on Canvas to another instructor. I copied and pasted a student's original composition as a Test Student submission. The next thing I knew is that my student's original answer was now considered 100% plagiarized. How embarrassing!

I was unable to "withdraw" the Test Student composition. Once something has been submitted to TurnItIn, it's permanently recorded. After a bit of "fiddling" with TurnItIn, I was able to fix the issue for my student. Here's the workaround: click on the funnel icon (Filters and Settings) and then "exclude sources that are less than...." Set the word count to be higher than the student's work. Then you'll have to resubmit the student's paper to TurnItIn. 

Luckily, my student was understanding while I was figuring all this out. The main takeaway is that submitting anything more than once will count as plagiarism. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes