Survey assessment trouble with multiple dropdowns in csv

Meg_J631
Community Novice

We have created a survey quiz - using classic quizzes- and have a multitude of multiple dropdown questions. We are looking to analyze the variables in the dropdown menu.

Here is one of our questions:

Please indicate how much you agree with the following statements about your alcohol use:
"I feel it is important to..."

Set limits on my own drinking[set]
Stick to the limits that I set for myself.[stick]
Resist pressure to drink.[resist]

Dropdowns: Strongly agree, Agree, Neither agree nor disagree, Disagree, Strongly disagree

For this question we would like to know what percent of students "Strongly Agree" that it is important to set limits on my own drinking. 

The problem is the csv file reports the responses to all 3 variables in one cell. 

EXAMPLE:

Please indicate how much you agree with the following statements about your alcohol use: "I feel it is important to..." Set limits on my own drinking [set], Stick to the limits that I set for myself [stick], Resist pressure to drink [resist]. 
Jane DoeStrongly agree, disagree, agree
John SmithStrongly disagree, disagree, disagree

Is there any way to separate out multiple drop down responses in the CSV - we have over 1500 response so doing it by hand seems tedious.

Additionally, before we reached 1,000 survey responses Canvas was showing us responses by variable so it seems odd that it wouldn't also export that way.

Labels (3)
0 Likes