Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, Doing some spring cleaning of the Canvas instance I manage. I want to create an Archive sub-account and then move the existing sub-accounts we no longer use into it, is this possible? I feel like if this isn't a feature it should be considere...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-16-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How can I delete a submitted assignment from canvas 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-14-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student did indeed take an exam because a grade shows up in gradebook history. But the grade does not show up in the student's grades, not does it show up on gradebook.  I cannot manually enter the grade that is in gradebook history.  The window is...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I log into Canvas on my Macbook, my dashboard screen just glitches and does not display my active courses like it does on my chromebook. It will display the course under my courses tab but will not let me upload or show links to upload my assign...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

it wont let me enable the new feature "new quizzes"

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've searched through the Canvas guides as well as this Canvas Question forum, but I cannot find anything on a maximum number of sections a Canvas course can have. Does anybody know if there is a max # of sections allowed in a course? If so, what is ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-22-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone, We are a smaller college and we are deciding on how to archive our courses. I have read in the community about concluding courses, creating Archive Sub-Accounts, and also inactivating users. I just have a few questions about how other co...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

For many assignments - I use the same instructions through multiple classes and courses.  IE it may be instructions on how to do the assignment and have links to what to do if they need more resources.   In the instructions - I link to the 3rd party ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was wondering if there was a way to leverage either New Analytics or Canvas Data to find out which instructors are utilizing the grade book within their canvas course.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-12-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I already have used the RollCall tool to take attendance for two class session. I already have the the RollCall entry under the Attendance "Assignment Group" RollCall Column displays in my gradebook.   Still, column is blank, no grade is displayed?...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-14-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need help in suspending users from Canvas for clean-up purposes. How do I bulk delete users that are no longer being used? Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am studying Canvas cloud assignment and this question just occurs to me.When student click submit in could assignment, is there a file copy to Canvas? What if the student make change on their Google drive file after they submit? Will the submission...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are submitting MP3 and AAC/MP4 audio files for their final assignment, but when I download their submissions through SpeedGrader, I'm getting lower bitrate than what they had originally uploaded. Plus, the files all appear to be transcode...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to take an interactive quiz with an attached video for a course I am enrolled in. The video will not load. I have tried multiple browsers and multiple PC's.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-12-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have imported questions to a course with QTI option, I can see the question in the questions banks when I navigate to the course quizzes section (see screenshot). However, I don't know how to make them available as a course quiz. Any help would be ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I've seen some posts about this that are one to several years old at this point so I figured I would broach the topic again in hopes this is a feature that gets added. I would really like the ability to release grades to students on a specific ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Here is a video explaining why I ask Canvas LMS to prioritize improving comments in the grade book.https://youtu.be/nIqTFz0Qong

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello.We have a few users complaining their logging and all site experience is very slow.  I believe they go to the the https://<MyOrg>.instructure.com/login/canvas enter Email and Password and click [Log In]. From that moment to dashboard appearing ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When using the link validator in a course with URLs containing fragments to jump students to specific locations in the syllabus (similar to https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Getting-Started/Introduction/ta-p/1285#up-next-in-lesson-1-account-basics),...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have no online test loaded on my canvas profile for HRM101, but for the rest of my modules it is there. Please assist.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to Canvas and I am trying to create a self-evaluation question for learners when they enter the course. I have created a quizz and set the score to 0 but as you can see in the screenshot, I have to select one correct answer, whereas in this ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We are in the UK HE so have no requirement for US state standards. However, we do have a range of different standards generated internally and representing external body requirements that we want to add into Canvas. Clearly there are import options f...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas Community!As a teacher I would like to use in the new quiz randomized questions in combination with randomized answer picking to prevent cheating. The preferred question type is multiple choice.For example:A question has 12 answers but o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Since a few days, all audiofiles we uopload via the RCE are automaticaly saved in the Document Folder. Consequence: they are not recognized as an audio file and links to the file give this type of message: Track2.mp3 No preview is available for this ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I had a quick question about a setting in Canvas. I'm assisting with a university course, and for the course we have a group assignment. I allowed the students to form their group themselves before a certain deadline. As you can see from the atta...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I submitted the assignment on Canvas. But I could not find the Turnitin for only one course. However, I can check with other courses. please clarify this issue. Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have a number of teachers in one course.Can notifications be set, so that the teacher only gets notifications for their students?Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-10-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

By now, any of us attempting to use an external tool with a rubric have figured out the hacks to get around the glitch. (I first need to create the assignment without the external tool, then add the rubric, then go back and edit the assignment to add...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Please Help!!! I have a free for teacher account and had an instructor who listed me as an observer on her course. That instructor is no longer with my company and because I am an observer I cannot delete the course off my account. Does anyone know h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-10-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies