Switching accounts

Jump to solution
Ellaperry1
Community Novice

I went to a school, CVTC, for 2 years before I transferred to another college. I signed out of the old CVTC account, where I no longer attend the school or have access to my canvas account. Now, when I go to the canvas app, it asks for my CVTC login, which I do not have. It will not allow me to log in to a different school’s account. There is no way to completely switch schools without logging in to my old account first to completely forget the login. When I try to login to my new account, it just says my old school does not give me access to the account anymore. I can log in to my new canvas account with the new school on a web browser, but not the app. How do I completely log out of my old account to log in to my new account?

I included a screenshot of what the login screen looks like. If I click the sign-in options it just gives me a personal account login page, that cannot be used to access the school account. I have clicked every button on the page and none of them will let me log out.

P.S. I did try to delete the app and clear all the data from it but when I redownload it, it still brings back my old log in.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @Ellaperry1 -

I wonder if you'd be able to bypass this page by using the QR sign-in option with the new school's account. How do I view a QR code to log in to the Canvas mobile apps as a student? 

If that works, wonderful! If not, please let the Community know.

View solution in original post

rseilham
Community Champion