Syncing to Microsoft Teams

Jump to solution
TamocoHill
Community Member

My course won't sync to Microsoft Teams. I keep getting this error message and I don't know why.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @TamocoHill 

Thanks for posting this in the Canvas Community! 

I apologize that you are getting that error with your Microsoft Teams integration. I have never seen this error before in my time using Canvas. 

I was able to find THIS article from microsoft about this error. They list that you would want to "speak with your schools IT department to confirm that there is an owner set for the team you want to sync since when a team is created, a Microsoft 365 group is also created to manage team membership.

Some things you can check on your end: Is Canvas show your email address your account is setup and confirmed? You can click on the account button and select settings. Under the header "Ways To Contact" it should list your email address. Is the email address spelled correctly? Does it show that your email address is confirmed? If not you would see an exclamation point next to your email address. 

When you go to sync this, are you adding anything in the suffix field? You might need to remove the email adress in the suffix field in order for that error to go away. 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton  

View solution in original post