The prompt to add links to my homepage

Jump to solution
dmcglone
Community Novice

I have been able to add links to new pages on my home page by using the prompt on the right-hand side to add pages, links, etc. That prompt no longer appears on any of my pages. How do I get it back so that I can highlight buttons?

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

With the new toolbar in Canvas there are many features you access by clicking the V next to the icon.  For instance, the link icon if you click is for linking to external web sites, but if you click the V to the right of it you'll see the option for External Links, and Course Links.  Course links is what you want to link to existing content much like you used to do with the Sidebar tool.  

Depending on the width of your screen there also might be some buttons hidden which you'll need to click the 3 dots on the far right to reveal.

Another thing you might consider is looking at the new text menus now available.  There are actually more options available in those menus than with the icons, for for the example above you would click on Insert, Link, Course Links.  I'm personally finding myself using these text menu items more and more because I think they are well organized and intuitive. 

rmurchshafer_0-1611509546993.png

Rick

View solution in original post