Third person evaluation of course

Jump to solution
schonfeld
Community Member

Hello,

I am looking to work with someone who is an experienced evaluator of Canvas Courses to make my course better. I am happy to discuss compensation. While I have taken many classes on Canvas, I am looking for an outside perspective and a holistic view of the course so that I can make the course the best it can be for students. 

How do I find such a person?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @schonfeld ...

I would first start out having a conversation with your school's Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Learning department.  They may need to work with you in order to figure out how to get a third-party person into your school's Canvas environment in order to view your course.

Another option might be to export your course and then give the course export file to the third-party person.  That person would then create an account in the Free For Teachers version of Canvas.  Then, the person would upload the course export file to a brand new course shell in Free For Teachers.  The catch here is that your course cannot be over 500 MB in file size...as indicated in this PDF: Canvas free for teacher account comparison | Instructure.

Again, I would start with talking to folks at your school to see what they would recommend.

Keep us posted on your progress...good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes