Timed Quiz Did Not Auto-Submit for a Student

Jump to solution
ebn2111
Community Member

I am currently administering an exam using Canvas' Quizzes functionality (not New Quizzes), and the quiz has a time limit of 75 minutes. Although this time limit seems to be working for almost all students, one student emailed to let us know that she lost track of time and was able to continue the quiz past the 75-minute limit. When she submitted, she received a notification that her answers may not have been recorded because she was submitting late.

I checked the log for her submission, and she did in fact work on the quiz for longer than the 75-minute limit. How can this be? Is there anything else I should do to ensure that quizzes auto-submit at the time limit for all students?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @ebn2111 

We have been getting reports of this behavior around the world. It is happening sporadically, the Canvas engineers know about it and are working on a solution!

I just found this out and was quite dismayed as I had already told folks it can't happen (in all fairness, it never used to happen), and that they need to submit a support ticket. At least the last part of that ill-favored response is accurate - you should still submit a support ticket!

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply. It makes me nervous to know that this is an open issue with no current solution. It also ended up happening to a second student who took the same exam yesterday. I cannot submit a support ticket myself, as all tickets must be sent through my university, but I have definitely flagged this for them.

View solution in original post