To Do List Missing From Teacher Dashboard

Jump to solution
jenzorssx
Community Member

I am in my teacher dashboard and there is no to-do list showing up on the side. I've tried to search settings and I can't see any option to "turn it on" per say. I've tried different sizing of my browser to see if it's just hidden because the window is too small and that didn't work either. I am not getting any notifications on my dashboard of when students complete an assignment or make a comment on an assignment - I'm just getting an email about it and I want to be able to view immediate submissions and comments while on my dashboard so I can go directly to them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @jenzorssx,

I don't believe there is an official way to turn off the to-do list in Canvas.  With that being said, a few people have been asking about doing just that in the community here in the past few weeks.  I always advise against trying workaround to disable that as the functionality is really beneficial, but it's possible some school/institution admins have gone against that advice and added custom code or something to disable the to-do.  You could contact your school/institution Canvas team (usually in the eLearning / IT / Digital Education areas) to ask if they've done something like that.  The other possibility I can think of is that that list could be at the bottom of your screen instead of the side, as the sidebar moves down to the bottom when the web browser width is smaller.

Hope this info helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes