To-Do List

Jump to solution
JordnnCogan
Community Member

Can we please get rid of the hyperlinks to assignments in the To-Do List? My students do not go to and use the modules, they only access the course content from the To-Do List. So they miss out on so much important course content. I don't want every page to be an "assignment". 

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@JordnnCogan There is not a way to turn them off in an easy way but your Canvas admin might be able to add custom JavaScript to block the to-do list but it is not that simple. There are other views and other places students can still get to them without going through the way you setup.  One example is they can use the Canvas calendar to access assignments/quizzes/discussions as long as there is a due date.

I feel your pain though, we created a very prescriptive way for students to access stuff as well and then found they were using all the work arounds to get to things instead.  Sometimes this ended up saving the faculty as they did not realize students did not have access to the "Assignments" tab and were not providing any other route but like you said, sometimes this also meant they were skipping over important content.  It might be best to train students that they MUST access them through the way you developed.  Maybe even throw some extra credit that does not have a due date on it (so it will not be on the to-do list) in there that can then only be found by following your method (sort of an incentive but also serves as a training).

There is also a feature request for the ability to remove the to-do list that you might be interested in:  Disable the To Do List - Instructure Community

Hope this helps!

-Nick 

View solution in original post

0 Likes