To confirm: there is no way to re-grade after changing point values for questions?

Jump to solution
waymirea
Community Member

I've seen the help on re-grading, and my understanding is that I'm stuck manually regrading everyone, but I wanted to confirm I'm not missing something.

I had a 20-question quiz, 3 attempts, highest score kept. I initially had 3 question banks, all questions worth half a point, total of 20 questions. Then I realized that my syllabus says these quizzes are supposed to be worth 20 points, not 10. So I edited the question banks, making all questions worth 1 instead of 1/2 point.

This seems like a situation where software should be able to easily handle regrading-- all the right answers are still right, the wrong answers are still wrong, the data is all there, so you should be able to easily hit "regrade" and be done with it.

But... you can't. Right? I have to change every student's grades one at a time?

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@waymirea I think the following guide will help you.  Basically since you used banks, Canvas will not regrade as changing the bank does not change the quiz.  This is the warning you see in banks:

Remember, changes to question templates won't automatically update quizzes that are already using those questions.

Here is the article:

What options can I use to regrade a quiz in a cour... - Instructure Community

Sorry this is not better news!

-Nick

View solution in original post