cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landonb

Transferring Announcements to Another Section in Canvas

Jump to solution

How can I transfer my announcements in Canvas from one section to another section?

1 Solution
Robbie_Grant
Coach Emeritus

@landonb ,

You can use the course import tools to copy content (including Announcements) from one Canvas course to another.

How do I select specific content as part of a course import?

Robbie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Coach Emeritus

@landonb ,

You can use the course import tools to copy content (including Announcements) from one Canvas course to another.

How do I select specific content as part of a course import?

Robbie

0 Kudos

Robbie,

Thank you for the details, they were very helpful and I was able to transfer my announcements as I desired.  However, when I transferred them my picture did not show up in the section they were transferred to but instead a U where the picture should be.  Do you know why that would happen and how to have my picture show up?  

One more thing, I am wondering if you would have an answer to another question I posted 2 weeks ago that no one has answered?  It is in the Q and A and is titled:  "Why can't students see instructor comments posted from the submission details page?

Thank you,

Becky

0 Kudos
ahawkins2
Community Member

The only problem is that when you copy the Announcements and the students are enrolled in the class, but the class has not started is that they receive all of those announcements.  Is there another way to do it without copying the Announcements?

Annette