Transferring a sub-account from one account to another.

Jump to solution
abhishek_bhatta
Community Member

We have two accounts in our Canvas instance. The main account has numerous sub-accounts while other one has only one. I was thinking to move that one to the main account (including students, courses). How do I do that ? Is it possible ? I have seen about SIS imports and other course exports within an account but How do I do this across main accounts?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Solutions
jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

@abhishek_bhatta Have you tried downloading a provisioning report then creating a CSV SIS file and uploading it?

View solution in original post

0 Likes

@abhishek_bhatta At the root of Canvas, there is a provisioning report. https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Resource-Documents/Canvas-Default-Account-Reports/ta-p/387... In that report there is a report for subaccount. I hope that helps.

0 Likes
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @abhishek_bhatta,

Could you perhaps share a screenshot of your root_account -> subaccounts page?  I'm unclear if you're trying to merge two canvas instances (which I don't think is easily doable) or just move courses from one subaccount to another.  A screenshot (or screenshots) would be extremely useful so we can see what you have now and what you'd like to ideally have after the work is done.

-Chris

0 Likes