AylaDubya

Trouble downloading .docx

When downloading course materials (like assignments), I have a download arrow next to .doc files, but not .docx files.  When I select the hyperlink for a .docx file, it disappears and nothing happens.  I have tried Canvas in Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and Edge on both a Windows and a Mac machine.  Is there a way to fix this or another way to preview the content of the assignment I am accessing?  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @AylaDubya ...

I'm assuming, based on your question, that you are a student taking a course within your school's Canvas environment.  If this is not correct, please let us know.  Since we here in the Community cannot access your school's Canvas environment or your course(s) in question, it's a little hard to diagnose this question.  However, it almost sounds like the document(s) in question may not be properly linked in the course.  If you are a student, I would suggest that you contact your instructor to let him/her know there may be an issue with one or more links in the course.  The instructor may need to edit the page(s) to ensure that the link(s) work correctly.

Hopefully this will be of some help to you.  Please keep us posted on this so that we know how this was resolved for you...thanks!