Trouble uploading file attachment to assignment comment

Jump to solution
tengrrl
Community Participant

Whenever I add a file attachment to a comment for an assignment, the process never shows as successful. It cycles infinitely, like this: 

Canvas comment upload.jpg 

If I reload the page, I get a warning that my changes will be lost. Usually, the reloaded page shows the attachment and comment as there however. What am I doing wrong? Anyone have the solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @tengrrl 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with uploading a comment in Speedgrader. From the screenshot, it looks like you are absolutely doing it correctly and it should be intuitive and straight forward. It is likely your internet browser and we recommend clearing the cache and cookies or trying another browser.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

This tends to resolve any abnormal behavior. If you have more questions regarding this issue(s) please feel free to respond with descriptive information as to give us a clear insight into the problem. You are also always welcome to contact Canvas Support directly.

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767  

View solution in original post