Turn it in

Jump to solution
KathrynKammeraa
Community Member

On 11/1 turn it in was functioning in my canvas assignments.  Today, 11/2, Turn it in is not appearing at all within the assignments that I have already created.  As a result, I don't have access to any of my submitted assignments from my students.  I can not grade any current or past work.  This is a critical issue.  Please help. 

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @KathrynKammeraa ...

I agree with @JedKeenan.  If you did not make any changes to the assignment that was using Turnitin, there may have been an issue with Turnitin servers.  I know that Turnitin has their own status page.  In looking at that status page, it looks like they've had some significant issues in the past day or two which has caused potential issues like you are describing.

System Status (turnitin.com)

If you roll your mouse cursor over the red lines for "2 Nov 2023" for areas like Turnitin.com and Turnitin Paper Submissions, there is a link for "Service Incident 2 November".  Clicking on a link like that takes you to this page:

Turnitin Status - Service Incident 2 November (statuspage.io)

In reading through this, my guess is that you happened to try and access Turnitin during the time they were experiencing issues.  Hopefully all is well now, but you might also want to sign up for their e-mail alerts when things like this occur.  Here's a link for you:

Turnitin System Service Alerts Subscribe

I hope all these resources will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes