Turnitin Submissions not appearing in SpeedGrader on Canvas

Jump to solution
SGarcka
Community Explorer

Hi there,

We have some issues with students submissions appearing in the Turnitin Inbox, but not appearing in SpeedGrader. Seems to be affecting some of the "extended deadline" assignments, which was held at the beginning of May, for around 57 students. 

I have raised the issue with Turnitin Support, who passed it over to their technical team. I wondered if anyone else had similar issues recently? And if so, were there any resolutions you found worked?

Thank you,

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Solutions

Hi @SGarcka,

It’s Maryna, Community Manager from Turnitin. I am sorry for taking so much time to get back to you. Did you manage to fix the issue described? 

If you have any other Turnitin-related questions, please visit our new help center: https://supportcenter.turnitin.com/s/ or email us at tiisupport@turnitin.com.

Our team will be glad to assist you.

View solution in original post

Hi Maryna,

Thank you for your message.

There hasn't been a fix, or reason provided as to why this has happened. For context, we contacted Canvas directly at first, and they mentioned that everything on their side was ok, but it looked like the submissions through Turnitin were almost in a "Held" status, thus not appearing on SpeedGrader.

Your support email address you provided - We did email directly, and though received a response to say it was being escalated, it was almost a week before we heard anything else. Even then, the person we spoke to had to escalate it again. 

Too much time had passed for us to wait any longer, so our team had to manually pull out the submissions and send them out to tutors individually to mark. Bad timing resulted in the next day, Turnitin messaging us to say they could try pushing them through again, but this would wipe all grades, which by this point, we couldn't accept.

I fully understand and appreciate the high level of enquiries you must have been receiving, however to wait a week without a resolution (and technically still without a resolution!) is a little disappointing. It feels as though pushing through the submissions again could have been suggested earlier on, thus saving time on both ends.

Thanks anyway for checking in Maryna.

Sarah

Hello everyone,

I am very sorry that you and your colleagues faced this issue. I do understand your frustration and eagerness to assist your faculty, instructors, and students. Likewise, we are always doing our best to help you and our other users as soon as possible. 

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me or our Support Team whenever you have any questions or issues. We investigate each case individually for us to be able to assist every user and institution.

If you still face any issues, please share more information on the case with our team tiisupport@turnitin.com. Your assistance and additional information are always highly appreciated!  

Best regards, 
Maryna Dibrova