Tutor not seeing sections in speedgrader

Jump to solution
ian10
Community Contributor

Some background.

I have a tutor who has been allocated the teacher role on a course. But when they go to mark via speedgrader they are constatly getting an popup error stating -

Sorry, there are either no active students in the course or none gradable by you.

So, my thinking was if your a tutor on the whole course is that they should be able to see and select any of the sections in speedgrader, assuming that the section had been assigned to the assignment.

But no, I had to explicitly assign the tutor to the section to allow them to mark.

In other courses the tutor are just assigned the teacher role and they are able to see the sections in speedgrader.

Is there a setting that I'm missing that can be set to over come this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @ian10 

Thank you for contacting the Instructure Community. It sounds like the teacher/tutor was added to the course and the option for "allow user to only interact with their section" was enabled. You can enable this for any user when added to a course. If they should have access to the entire course, you may want to click on their name and look at the details. Additionally, you can "edit roles" and "edit sections" if you want to put them into more sections or change their role to more of an admin level role. However, it was likely enabled upon the user being added to the course via the people tab. Hopefully this helps. 

View solution in original post