Two Inbox questions re: notifications and formatting

S_Abbot
Community Explorer

Instructor here.

First, the easy one: is there really NO way to style Inbox messages? Really

Second: Canvas has stopped sending email notifications when a student uses the Inbox to contact me. I’m not sure if this just happened or if it’s been true for the whole semester, but I WAS receiving notifications last semester. I haven’t made any changes myself.

After a search here, I DID discover where the notification settings are. So, “Conversations” (why that’s not called “Inbox messages” I’ll never know) has three lines: Added To Conversation (Tooltip: You are added to a conversation), Conversation Message (New Inbox* messages), and Conversations Created By Me (You created a conversation). The first two were set to “Notify Immediately” and the last one to “Notifications off.”

FWIW, Push notifications are off for everything — but that was always the case.

By those settings it looks like I SHOULD be getting emails when a message from a student hits my Inbox; anyone have any ideas why it might not be happening?

For the record, I’m using an up-to-date version of Chrome: 110.0.5481.100 (Official Build) (arm64).

Thanks in advance!

__________________________________________________________________________________

*This tooltip is the only place that the Inbox is mentioned, and it’s NOT intuitive that “Conversations” means “Inbox” — took me longer than I’d care to admit to figure that out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes