Unable to Access Google Documents

Jump to solution
MooreRobert
Community Member

I am having trouble accessing documents that are being posted from google docs. Whenever I click on a link a screen pops up asking me to request access to the document and when I hit request I get an email on my personal email saying that my school account is requesting access to a document. Is there any way that I can undo that and set my school email as the primary?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
scunningham1
Community Contributor

You can register your school google drive in canvas by following these directions. They are the same for an instructor or student. https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-connect-to-Google-Drive-as-a-web-servic...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nwilson7
Community Champion

@MooreRobert This issue generally happens when you are logged into the other account when you click the link.  Canvas should be detecting the Google account that you are logged into at the time, so if that is your personal one (which seems to be the case since you are denied access to the file and it detects your personal account) then you need to log in with your school one.  Easiest way is to go to google.com and in the top right, log in as your school account.  Then when you are clicking Google links in Canvas, it should detect your school account and if the instructor has set things the links set correctly, you will gain access to the file.

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post

0 Likes