Unshared item bank

jbielecki
Community Participant

I converted my Canvas question banks to New Quizzes item banks. One of them I just accidentally "unshared" with myself by changing it from "edit" to "view" in all my courses. I guess because one of the courses was the one in which the bank had been created, I can't find a way to reshare it or edit it at all now. Please see the attachments. You'll notice that the "edit" and "delete" icons have disappeared and all the options in the "share" pop-up box are grayed out. How can I get edit access back?

P.S. On a related note, I think the reason I made this error was because I don't understand where the item banks are stored. If they are stored in a course, won't they be inaccessible when the course expires? Because of this, I thought they must be stored in my Canvas account somewhere, so I didn't have to give any courses edit access. Since the bank can still be viewed, it must still exist, but where? If I'm logged into my account, I figured I'd be able to access the bank I created.

P.P.S. I apologize if this question has posted nine times. It keeps giving me errors!

Labels (1)
0 Likes