Updating "role" for a course

Jump to solution
Rebekah_Smith74
Community Novice

I have a parent observer who is also listed as a student and it is messing with my grade book.  Is this something I would have done incorrectly at set up OR the parent observer might have accidentally done?  Her child is also signed up as a student, so I know it was a mistake.  Before I contact her I wanted to know if it is something I can change on my side, as the instructor of the course.  Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @Rebekah_Smith74 -

Oh no! Yes, I can see how this would be confusing. It is also not the experience you want that family member to have in your course.

You MAY be able to adjust this on your own, or you can ask your Canvas Admin to help. From the people page, do you see the option to change their role in the section enrollment?

How do I use the People page in a course as an instructor? 

Where it says role, there could be an option to change the role. Most of the time, the school will make this option only available to Canvas Admin, but you could look! It is definitely something you can do "behind the scenes" without asking the family member to help. I hope you are able to get this to work soon!

View solution in original post