Upload a movie plus more

Jump to solution
bpb537
Community Novice

Hello, 

I want to upload a movie to my course. I would like to make it so that I know which students have watched the movie. How do I upload a movie? Also, how do I go about ensuring they have watched the assigned film?

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@bpb537 , greetings! I can provide some information on this, but it might be a good idea for you to contact Canvas/Tech/Instructional Support at your school to see if your school has specific tools or resources or procedures they want you to follow for something like this - University of Tennessee. What I'm going to recommend is generalized for anyone using Canvas. 

If the movie is already available somewhere online, then I'd recommend linking to the movie from a page - How do I create hyperlinks to external URLs in the New Rich Content Editor as an instructor? or direction on your Module - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10301-415270926 

If you have the movie file on your computer and need to upload it, then use the following directions - How do I upload and embed a media file from my computer in the New Rich Content Editor as an instruc... 

Once you have your video in Canvas, unless you have a tool like Guides: Studio‌ (Canvas Studio), there is no way to directly see if a student has watched the video other than creating a small quiz for the students to take after they have watched the video. This would be to verify that they watched it.

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post